10 Ten Interesting Facts about the Restaurant Industry
It’s easy to find interesting facts about the Restaurant Industry. The National Restaurant Association publishes a Restaurant Owner Demographics Data Brief every year. After reading the March 2022 Data Brief, the Restaurant Broker at EATS Broker picked ten interesting facts.
- Hawaii (64%), Texas (59%), California (58%), Georgia (55%), Maryland (54%), and the District of Columbia (54%) have the highest proportion of restaurants that are owned by minorities.
- 63% of adults have worked in the restaurant industry, making it the nation’s training ground
- 41% of restaurant firms are owned by minorities – compared to 30% of businesses in the overall private sector.
- 9 in 10 restaurants have fewer than 50 employees
- 7 in 10 restaurants are single-unit operations
- 19% of restaurant firms are Asian-owned, 14% are Hispanic-owned, and 9% are Black- or African-American-owned.
- 9 in 10 restaurant managers started in entry-level positions
- 2023 Employment Forecast: 500,000 new jobs for total food service employment of 15.5 million
- 2023 Sales Forecast: $997 billion
- Restaurants employ more minority managers than any other industry.
Dallas Restaurant Broker Dominique Maddox says, “The U.S. restaurant industry has an enormous impact on how it affects people’s lives. I worked as a Sous Chef at the Alaska Club in Anchorage, Alaska, and as a waiter at Boniface Bingo. I’m forever thankful for my experience working in the Restaurant industry”.
Are you hungry for more exciting facts about the Restaurant Industry? According to Zippia.com:
-45.5% of restaurant owners are women, and 54.5% of restaurant owners are men
-46% of Restaurant Owners are over 40, and 28% are between the ages of 30-40
-49% of Restaurant owners earn a bachelor’s degree
-The average Restaurant Owner is 39
-The most common foreign language among restaurant owners is Spanish at 44.9%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 10.2%, and Thai is the third most popular at 7.9%.
To learn more about EATS Broker consulting services or receive a complimentary restaurant valuation, contact Dallas Restaurant Broker Dominique Maddox at 404-993-4448 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at www.EATSbroker.com